Milani Cosmetics revamped their entire lipstick collection. The reconstructed the packaging, they added more shades to the line up, and they added lipliners to match. These are the plums and berries from the Milani Color Statement collection.
The lipsticks vary in finishes- mattes, metallics, shimmers and creams. There are three lipsticks with a cream finish, one with a matte finish, two with a metallic finish, and one with a shimmer finish.
All the lipsticks apply smoothly, effortlessly, and opaque. They have a melon smell to them and no taste (don’t ask).
Most of the lipsticks from the color spectrum of the collection were hydrating except Black Cherry, which was very drying.
(17) Milani Plumrose– plum with rosy pink tones with a cream finish
(20) Milani Uptown Mauve– dark pink with purple tones and a cream finish
(22) Milani Chilled Brandy– red with brown tones and a shimmery finish
(34) Milani Violet Volt– Fuchsia with metallic finish
(19) Milani Raspberry Rush– medium pink with a metallic finish
(21) Milani Sangria– red with purple tones and a matte finish
(24) Milani Black Cherry– deep red with brown tones and a cream finish
(07) Milani Brandy– medium brown with matte finish and a creamy texture. Brandy works best with none of the lipsticks honestly. It’s a little too brown. I think it needs just a few hints of red tones to make it work. While you cannot use a liner on the outside of the lips, you can apply it around the lips and then fill in to make the color last longer. It would work best with Sangria, Chilled Brandy, and Black Cherry.
(08) Milani Fuchsia– dark pink with a matte finish and a creamy texture. Fuschia works best with Uptown Mauve, Raspberry Rush, Violet Volt, and Plumrose.
I really think that this color range of lipsticks in particular are very black girl friendly.
You can find the Plums and Berries color assortment at CVS, Target, Walgreens, Walmart and Kmart for $5.49. You can find the coordinating lipliners at the same locations for $3.99.