*press sample* *affiliate links*
NARS Cosmetics made a few changes to a cult favorite- the lip gloss.
Personally? I had one complaint and it absolutely had nothing to do with the formula. It was actually the brush that I was not a fan of. It applied streaky, but it was never standing in the way of my NARS fix (Orgasm lipgloss was the jam!).
So what changes did NARS make? Well:
- New doefoot applicator, for more even application. The last brush applied very streaky.
- Silkier texture, for a more comfortable feeling on the lips
- Nourishing ingredients to smooth fine lines and hydrate the lips
- Added Sea Lavender to protect against the signs of aging
NARS kept their 23 signature shades and added 7 more, giving you 30 options to get your gloss on! Of course I don’t have all the shades for you to see, but here are 4 of my favorites!
1.Priscilla is a hot fuchsia pink with a sheer creamy finish. It’s your good ole standard gloss with no glitter. I love this one to death, it’s one of the new additions by the way.
2. Easy Lover is a hot pink with shimmery purple reflects and a shimmer finish. There’s more justice in the tube than actually on the lips. It applies very sheer, not buildable.
3. Belize is a creamy medium toned nude with sparkly gold glitter.
4. Supervixen might be my favorite for everyday wear. It’s medium chocolate bronze color with multi-colored glitter.
From left to right: Priscilla, Easy Lover, Belize, Supervixen
Do I think every single shade is worthy of it’s pricetag? No. The only one I would shell $$ out for is Supervixen. Easy Lover being the worst of them all as it is nothing more than a slightly pink tinted gloss. On the other hand, think of the anti-aging properties. Unfortunately, I can not report on that aspect of these glosses. Someone would have to wear them religiously for 3 months or more to give an accurate and honest perspective on whether or not they protect the lips from aging.