NARS Smoky Eye Kit Swatches, Review, Eye Look
Disclosure: A press sample was provided.
One of the many items included in the NARS Fall 2014 gifting is the Smoky Eye Kit. This kit contains all the essentials you need to create a killer smoky eye using three eyeshadows, an eye liner, and a wide eye contour brush. What’s more fun than swatching eyeshadows? Actually putting them on.
I did a quick step by step tutorial and there are swatches of the palette at the bottom. Enjoy!
1. I’m the girl that likes to get the brows out of the way before I begin anything, so I used NARS Brow Gel in Kinshasa to fill them in just a little bit. Then I primed my lid using NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. This is an excellent primer, but I hate the tube. Hopefully they reformulate this soon and get rid of the doe foot wand thing. I bet there’s product pushed down in the bottom on this tube (very Urban Decay-ish).
2. I applied the lightest shade, NARS Madrague I, a French vanilla white with a matte finish from the browbone to the crease of the lid. While this shade swatched really pigmented, when you apply it as a shadow to the eye, it is very faint in color but works out perfectly because I hate the highly noticeable highlight shade with smoky eyes sometimes.
3. I applied the next shade, NARS Bali to my lid area. Bali is a matte chocolate brown that applied easily to the crease.
4. I applied the last shade, NARS Mekong to the crease and blended. Mekong is a chocolate brown shadow with reddish brown shimmer. The more you blend, the fainter the shimmer becomes. I love it.
5. I finished off by lining with NARS Via Veneto Larger Than Life mini Eyeliner and Milani Runway Lashes mascara. Fun fact: I’ve never used a NARS mascara like ever. I know.
NARS Smoky Eye Kit retails for $59, Available July 15, 2014 on narscosmetics.com and August 1, 2014 at NARS
Boutiques and Dept./Specialty Stores.