The Seche Rebuild Project, Episode 2
If you missed The Seche Rebuild Project Episode 1, clicky!!!
So I am late posting this, and that’s ok because you guys love me! I have been busy and that’s inexcusable and totally not the point.
Since the last time we discussed the horrible state of my nails, after that photo Sunday they broke one more time and I had to file the tips down to almost nubs. That really sucked. Here’s a recap of everything that I have been doing:
- Olive oil soak- I take about 1/2 cup of olive oil and put it in a little bowl and I let my nails soak in it for 30 minutes twice a week
- Rebuild– ONE coat on the nails three times a week
- Perfect Formula Daily Nail Moisture– twice a day
- Crabtree and Evelyn Citron hand cream multiple times a day, especially after cleaning, washing dishes, and changing diapers, and before bedtime and when I wake after I brush my teeth and all that good stuff
- Polish my nails- I have no rhyme or reason behind this and I am not a nail expert. I just feel like polishing my nails and I am not sure that it really helps with nail growth but I keep them polished.
- Resist the urge to file any part of my nail except the tip. And I didn’t file them up until yesterday. Filing makes the nails weak and thin. This was a hard lesson that I had to learn.
So here we are as of yesterday-
If you remember the before photo, this is a very drastic change considering it has been only about two weeks. My nails are much stronger, they grew a little bit, they are much stronger, and I am happy.
(Yes, I cut my cuticle committing the ultimate sin with that cuticle cutting thing but that’s the only finger in which my cuticle would not effin CHILL)